A journey of self discovery
This is a live document that I created to help me with the process of discovering and understanding myself. As a reminder to myself (and anyone who plans to do this), it is imperative not to deny youself simply because society deems some of these traits at negative. Everyone is flawed, you need to first come to terms with who you are otherwise you will never truly accept who you are.
Priorities (sorted) #
- Freedom (choice)
- Family (relationships)
- Fitness (health)
- Everything else
Tenets I try to live by #
- Time - Time is your most important asset so choose wisely what you spend your time on.
- Patience - Patience is a virtue. Good things will come to those who are patient.
- Fear - It is okay to be afraid of rejection & failure but you need to find the courage to keep pressing forward.
- Honesty - Honesty triumphs everything. Life is hard enough, don't give others a reason to doubt your intentions.
- Risk - The biggest risk is not taking enough risks. Sometimes all you need to do is take that first step.
- Control - There are surprisingly a lot of things you can exert control over so stop making excuses and manage your risks.
- Responsibility - Take extreme ownership and be responsible for what happens to you (good or bad). There is only one you within you, no angel or devil talking to you but you.
- Life - Life is not a zero sum game. You can do well by doing good.
- Luck and privilege - Luck and privilege are two things that have been decided for you when you are born. Don't fret over things you have no control.
- Regret - The only regret you can have is not making that decision for yourself. Regardless of your choice, there will be things you like and dislike. There is no reason to cry over spilled milk because you can't change the past.
- Death - Death is always at your doorstep. Remember the past, live in the present and plan for the future.
Little things I enjoy in life #
- A nice cup of coffee
- Driving on an empty road
- Spending time with my family and friends
Things I think I'm good at #
- Planning w/ uncertainty
- Time management
- Asking why
What I'm bad at #
- Trading lol
- Programming 😅 (I don't ever think I'll be good at this haha)
What I want to achieve by 2021 #
- To start a business
Interests that I want to explore #
- Game dev - example
- Machine learning (KIV-ed for now)
- Japanese (KIV-ed for now)
Note to self #
- Take many small achievable steps instead of trying to do a few large risky steps. The former depends on you, the latter on luck.
- If you're not excited about what you're doing, why are you doing it?
- Avoid comparing yourself to others. As long as you keep moving forward, you are golden.
- Be useful, kind and generous to others.