Halo frens, it’s that time of the year again where we reflect on what we’ve done so far and to see where / how we can improve for next year!
TL;DR — 2021 has been a meh year. It felt like I made no progress whatsoever but the good thing is I tried many things this year. I also know what I want to commit to next year and I’m super excited for it.
Let’s start by going through the TODOs from my previous A year in review - 2020 review. Some of these tasks are perpetual so as long as I improved from when I last reviewed, I will give myself a ✅ otherwise ❌.
TODOs from prev. review ⭐
- To be a better husband, son and brother. ❌
- To accept that whatever I think I know about trading is probably wrong. ❌
- To share what I have built with everyone. Be proud of your work! ✅
- To think more before agreeing because once you agree, it’s not professional to back out regardless of whether they’re your friends or not. ❌
- To read more variety of books instead of just self help / entrepreneurial books. ✅
- To find something that I’m really excited about and to commit and work towards that. ✅
- To help more people. ✅
- To pick up Japanese. ❌
- To remember why I did what I did so that whenever I am in doubt, I can always refer back to this list. ✅
- To embrace the 80:20 rule. ❌
- To learn and use first principles thinking. ✅
Simon: 6✅ and 5❌ is alright but it can be better! Let’s target for at least 75% on the next review. I will also be removing the tasks that are no longer relevant.
- Created a data analytics app for breaking down the resale prices of HDB flats
- Completed the Deep Learning specialisation!
- Conducted my first smart contract audit on Code4rena!
- Managed to make a decent living from freelance auditing!
- Created a trailing loss script to help manage some of my risks.
- Designed and launched an Accelerator Program for Sota!
- Learnt to build a PC
- Built a crowdloan calculator for investors to calculator their ROI.
- Revamped my personal website (the one that you are currently on haha)!
- Managed to somehow get Gold for my IPPT (not just once but twice!!)
- Helped Milo with the recovery of his funds.
- Cashed out whatever I have left in crypto.
- Adopted a new puppy Bailey (he’s so adorable omg!!)
- Home renovation is almost completed (but my wallet is also almost empty T_T)
- Found something to fully commit towards for next year (on-chain / blockchain games)
- Decided to KIV ML, Japanese and Youtube because I don’t have enough time to pursue them.
- Lost A LOT of unrealised profits on STAKE.
- Lost some profits on ENS.
- I still overestimate myself when it comes to trading.
- Dropped my phone while using my halfbike.
- Washed my phone too many times until it died lol.
- I backed out on Kokila and Vienna because I couldn’t commit after agreeing.
- Left Sota’s company only after 2 months…
- Could have spent more time with my family.
- Need to embrace 80:20 more.
- Relearning rust and gamedev again zzz
TODOs by next review 📝
- To spend more time with my family.
- To be proud of the work that you’ve done.
double triplequadruple confirm with yourself before agreeing to do something. Once you’ve agreed, you MUST commit.
- To read more variety books (game theory, game design etc.).
- To be patient with progress.
- To help more people.
- To embrace the 80:20 rule and low context switching overhead.
- To achieve my 2022 resolution.
- To be less of a clean freak (send halp T_T).